Excellence in Project Management Award
OSPMI Excellence in Project Management Award
OSPMI is proud to announce the launch of its Excellence in Project Management Award for 2017! Modeled after PMI’s “Project of the Year Award”, this prestigious award will be presented to only one well qualified project each calendar year. Become a part of the excitement by submitting your successful project for consideration or by volunteering as a judge.
- Check out our Recent Winner Spotlight.
- Learn about Submitting a Project.
- Learn about Becoming a Judge
In the Recent Winner Spotlight is Gurnet Consulting who won the Excellence in Project Management Award with their Wireless Classroom Initiative for the RI Department of Education. Gurnet was unanimously voted by OSPMI’s Judging Panel as having demonstrated project management excellence in their execution of this highly successful project. See press release here:
“Gurnet Consulting Wins Excellence in Project Management Award by Ocean State Project Management Institute”
Craig Hockenbrough (left) of Gurnet Consulting accepting the award from OSPMI President Shepperd Luce
From left to right: Andy Barbeau (OSPMI Program Lead for the Award), Gurnet’s President Martin King, Gurnet’s Craig Hockenbrough (Team Lead on the winning project), and OSPMI President Shepperd Luce
Are you interested in submitting a project?
Could the 2017 Excellence in Project Management Award winner be a project you’ve lead or another completed by your organization?
OSPMI’s Excellence in Project Management Award celebrates excellence in project management. Projects are evaluated based on their level of successful execution of the pillars of project management: schedule, cost, scope, quality, risk, etc. As a local program, the Excellence Award focuses local projects while offering recognition and benefits to practitioners and sponsors similar to the national award. The Excellence Award operates on an annual cycle, recognizing only one winner each calendar year. Projects are objectively evaluated by a panel of local, highly experienced, PMP credential holders.
Beyond the benefit of winning the award, submitters also benefit from the submission process. During this process, submitting individuals or teams will have access to members of the OSPMI team and will receive coaching and guidance in preparing their entries. Based on this structured process, there is also a significant networking benefit to submitters as they gather inputs and obtain needed approvals.
- At least one project team member must be a member of the OSPMI Chapter during the submission year, if not already a member they can sign up during the submission process
- The total project budget must be at least $500K (US Dollars)
- The project must have been completed before the submission deadline or within the previous calendar year
- The project must have been officially sanctioned and recognized by the sponsoring organizations(s)
- All sponsors (consultancy and/or end-user organization) has provided consent and an official release on company letterhead
Deadline for 2016 submissions is June 30, 2017
Will you or your organization be the next Excellence in Project Management Award winner?
Reach out today to indicate your interest by clicking here!
Are you interested in judging projects?
(Note: the 2017 judging panel is complete)
Are you interested in earning PDUs while contributing toward a great cause? Help select the winner of OSPMI’s Excellence in Project Management Award and distinguish yourself as an expert.
- During the submission cycle, you will coach submitters through the process
- Following the submission deadline of June 30, you will begin the review process and will rate projects based on their successful execution of PMI’s PMBOK
- You will then help select the winning team, which will be announced during a chapter meeting in the Fall
- Judges are considered experts in the field of Project Management and being selected to the panel is an honor worthy of mention in professional listings as well as on your resume
- Serving as a judge provides extensive opportunities to network with submitting organizations as well as the OSPMI Board of Directors
Judges must meet strict professional requirements to be selected to the panel, such as being:
- An active member of the OSPMI Chapter during the review cycle
- A PMP Credential holder in good standing during the review cycle
- Having a minimum of 10 years of direct project management experience
- Judges are selected for a single annual cycle and must reapply each year if interested
Will you be a member of the Excellence in Project Management Award judging panel?